We’re made to be different. We’re born to be unique. We’re all unique individuals created to be the exception to the rule. But most people will not stand out from the norm or sets his or her own standards. Most people abide by the rules or what society says and live life accordingly.
Some people are afraid to live life outside of their comfort zone, step outside of the box, color outside the lines or create their own rules. And that’s okay if you want to stay complacent or if you’re okay with where you are in life or have no aspirations to grow.
As for me, I want to have it all in every aspect of my life. I want to be a leader and not a follower. I want to be the exception to the rule!
Throughout life, I’ve never been one to accept that things have to a certain way. I’ve never been afraid to challenge rules or create my own. I guess that’s the creative side in me and knowing that I only have one life to live so I better make the best of it.
Here are a few things I’ve done and a few things I’ve picked up along the way from others.
1. Believe: Believe in yourself. If you don’t believe in you, no one will take you seriously. And they’ll try to walk all over you.
2. Trust: Trust your instincts. If you’re in-tune with your mind, body and soul…your instincts will not lead you astray.
3. Fail: Don’t be afraid to fail but make sure you learn something from that failure. You don’t want to make the same mistake twice.
4. Break the Rules: Sometimes it’s better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. If you believe something can be done better or more efficient, take the risk.
5. Excel: Give 110% in everything you do. Hard work pays off and people will notice.
6. Praise: Don’t be afraid to give yourself praise and toot your own horn. Not in a cocky way because that can be annoying and unattractive. Give yourself the credit you deserve.
Sometimes, I give myself a high-five, pat on the back or thumbs up for a job well done. I celebrate my wins and learn from my losses.
7. Be Fearless: It’s okay to be nervous but don’t be afraid. Fear will only hold you back. Be bold enough to ask for what you want and brave enough to pursue what you deserve!
If you want to be the exception to the rule you have that option; you have a choice. You can make your own rules and be your own boss. You can make a difference and stand out in a crowd. You have the ability to make change happen. You can be the exception to the rule!
Have a wonderful week! MUAHClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Beauty School ScArlet