Sometimes as adults we forget about our happiness. We don’t take time enjoy the little things in life like laughing, playing and enjoying the things that make us happy.
When you take life too seriously you lose the fun in you. You become boring, uptight or just blah. Believe me when I tell you because this used to be me!
Once upon time I lost my zest for life. I was so busy “adulting” that I forgot about me. I forgot to enjoy life; laugh and play plus do the things that made me happy.
I used to be planner and everything had to be a certain way at a certain time in life. I didn’t really know how to be spontaneous. I didn’t like doing things out of the blue. I wasn’t about that life!
One day I realized that everyone around me was having fun and enjoying life except me. One day I took a chance and did something that was not planned. I let go of the reigns and had fun; I embraced my inner child and I haven’t looked back since.
This was not an easy task for me to continue. But I realized there was more to life than just “adulting” so I challenged myself to enjoy life more.
I know that sounds a little crazy but it worked! Here are a few things I did to bring my inner child to life.
1. Talk to Yourself! Yep, that’s right, I talked to myself. And I asked myself when was I the happiest in life and what was I doing at the time? This forced me to recreate some fun moments in life and make new memories.
2. Stop Planning! Everything and every moment doesn’t need a plan. I stopped planning my personal life, I let go and had fun. My professional life is a little different too. Instead of making hard core plans, I set smart goals.
3. Embrace Spontaneity! Do something you’ve be wanting to do and just do it. Don’t make plans for it. Just do it!
4. Live Now! Take time to enjoy the beauty in life that surrounds you everyday. No one is promised tomorrow. Do something fun everyday even if it’s something small.
5. Power Down! Take a break and live without your gadgets for a day or several hours. Stop being so attached to your phones, computers and techie stuff. Have real conversations on the phone or face to face. Enjoy each other’s company and detach yourself from the social media world. Old school communication can still be fun!
Life was not created to just live. It’s created to be happy, laugh and have fun! Let go and enjoy what matters the most…you! Embrace your inner child, live in the moment and enjoy the beauty of happiness!
Remember: “All work and no play made Jack a dull boy!” Don’t be Jack…go out, be happy and bring your inner child to life! Have a wonderful week! MUAHClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Beauty School ScArlet