If most people judge a book by its cover what do people see when they encounter you? Do they see someone who’s approachable or someone who’s aloof? Are you engaged in conversation or in another world with a blank stare?
The beauty of your character is truly the key to your success so make sure you stand out in a crowd in a positive way.
It won’t always be easy…trust me, I know from experience. I’m an introvert in my personal life and I’m an extrovert in my professional life. Fortunately, I have learned how to balance the two to make it work in my favor.
Here are 5 tips I’ve learned to master to help get you on track.
1. Dress for Success: Dress for the job you want not the job you have. When you look the part people see you differently so dress like you’re ready for advancement.
2. Talk the Talk: Speak with confidence and authority. Don’t be shy and don’t be afraid. The only thing they can tell you is no. And no is not the end of the world. It only means not right now.
3. Be Social: Engage in conversation and participate. You don’t have to be the life of the party but be a part of it.
4. Stop, Look and Listen: Stop looking at your phone because you can come across as being uninterested or rude. Look the person in the eyes when they’re speaking; it shows interest. And Listen to what is being said because you just might learn something.
5. Work the Room: Show off your skills with your ability to network and make friends. This can make you look more friendly and approachable.
Life is like a sport. Sometimes you only get one shot to make the best first impression. Don’t fumble, strike out, foul out or get ejected before the game starts. Make sure the beauty of your character gives you the winning point! You can do it! I believe in you! Have an awesome week! MUAHClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Beauty School ScArlet