Are you coasting through life and just existing? Or are you making the most of life and living a life that pleases you? Life is worth living and living it well. Everyday will not be amazing and everyday will not be blah. You have a choice and the power within you to live your life the way you want; so make sure it pleases you at all times.
I must admit that once upon a time I was guilty of just existing in life. Several years ago I received a promotion for work to live in a state where I didn’t know anyone. At the time I was more of an introvert so it was hard for me to get involved in events on my own. I couldn’t go out with the people at my job because they all reported to me and that made it awkward when I had to discipline them. So I existed. I worked, came home and watched a lot of TV. And at some point I became miserable.
I’m telling you this because it’s easy to just go through the motions of life and not realize your mood and energy. People can sense when you’re uptight or have bad energy. When you’re depressed or miserable and people will stay away or you’ll attract the same type of people. And like the saying goes, “misery loves company.”
Don’t create a pity party. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. Snap out of it and find a way to live a life that pleases you because you only have one.
It wasn’t easy for me to make changes but here are a few things I did that changed my life for the better!
1. Honesty: I was honest with myself. I knew I was in a dark place but the only way I could get out was to be honest with myself. I asked myself…why do I feel the way I do? Would I feel this way in a city where I knew people? What changes could I make with my attitude to make things better now?
2. I Quit: I quit making excuses and feeling sorry for myself. It’s easy to fall into this trap when you feel alone. You’re never alone. There are people all around you. You just have to quit and take charge of your life.
3. Make a Decision: I decided I needed a work life balance and living in a city I hated was not going to work. So, I devised a plan to get out and move on with or without my current job at that time.
4. Apologize: I apologized to myself and I apologized to anyone who I may have upset. I had to forgive myself for allowing things to get as far as they did. And I had to ask for forgiveness for anyone I may have hurt.
5. Move On: I let go of my feelings and past hurts from that time. I have moved on and I count that experience as a lesson learned.
6. Live: Today, I live a life that pleases me to the best of my ability! I will not allow anything or anyone bring me down or change my mood. I live for me! What about you? How will you live a life that pleases you?
Follow me on Periscope @abeautyscarlet for a detailed discussion and midday inspiration on living a life that pleases you! Have a wonderful week! MUAHClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Beauty School ScArlet